需要有一個值。
  • Lin's Dentistry
  • Yifang Company
  • Ruifang Inn
  • Push Car Railways
  • Liao Jian Fang Trading Company

Lin's Dentistry

No.158, Fengjia Road, Ruifang District   

In 1945, when Dr. Lin En-Qiang opened his Lin's Dentistry, it was the first dental clinic in Ruifang. Dr. Lin dedicated his life to the residents of Ruifang and practiced untilage 75. The building providing accomodations for Lin's Dentistry was previously theTaihoku Prefecture Keelung Canton Ruifang Police Post. It had a stone slope barrier, stone steps, stucco siding, finished stone pillars and a huge courtyard. When the dental clinic moved out, the ancient house was abandoned, the garden laid barren and the roof, doors and windows gradually lay in ruins over time. Near the house is an old banyan tree that is still flourishing.The tree and the house bear testimony to the old bustling street nearby.

(photographed by Special Topic Team)  ▲TOP

 


Yifang Company

No.29, Fengjia Road, Ruifang District

   This old building was once the corporate headquarters of Ruisan Mining of Houtong,Taiwan's largest mining company founded by tycoon Li Jian-Xing. Ruifang flourishedwith the success of the industry but with the eventual depletion of mining veins, Ruisan Mining 's boom faded and Ruifang's prosperity gradually declined. Ruisan was the most important companyin the Ruifang and Houtong areas at that time. If you don't step into the Yifang Company building when visiting the Old Street, then you won't be able to grasp the history of the development of the Ruifang and Houtong areas.

(photographed by Special Topic Team)  ▲TOP

 


Ruifang Inn

No.81, Ruifang Street, Ruifang District

   In the early days, the minerals of Jinguashi and Jiufen areas brought an economic boom to the place. Ruifang's First Hotel was the first one in the region to provide extensive accommodation to travelers, it had 20-plus rooms and a front facade. Till now, it still holds the permutation of time, though it is now closed for business but remains the most suitable place for a visit and taking pictures.

 

(photographed by Special Topic Team) ▲TOP

 

 Push Car Railways

No.139, Fengjia Road, Ruifang District

   

Before and after the Taiwan Retrocession, the area was an important transfer center for push car railway transport.Otherthan Jiufen’s red-light district, this section laid claim to the most number of people in the area, offering evidence of a once prosperous economy in the region. Along this barely 2-meter wide road, old traces of mining elegance, unmatched in its generation, can be found.

 

(photographed by Special Topic Team)  ▲TOP

Liao Jian Fang Trading Company

No.166, Fengjia Road, Ruifang District

   

The address of Liao Jian-Fang's historic house, a traditional storied building that has been integrally preserved. In the verandah, there is a beautiful brickwork arcade, with an arch at the bottom, made of Western-style stucco siding withpolished stone decorations. The first floor is made of brick arches, Ruifang's only representative of this style of architecture. The second floor has a concrete wall, with a gable of baroque architecture, engraved with the characters Liao Jian Fangon it. This building once became the economic center of Fengjia Road as time has borne witness.

 

(photographed by Special Topic Team)▲TOP

 

 

This site is best viewed on a 1024 x 768 resolution display or higher.             
Website is presented by the Applied Informatics Department at Juifang Industrial High School, New Taipei City.